Eric sits down with Spooky Squid‘s Miguel Sternberg to discuss Russian Subway Dogs, the based-on-a-true-story arcade bark-em-up that is currently up on Kickstarter. They talk about the game, the state of pixel art, and the challenges of Kickstarter, as well as the strange history of animals being tried as people.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 48 (56:25)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “Russian Subway Dogs Theme” by Coins
- 1:00 - The true story of Russian Subway Dogs
- 8:30 - Strange stories about humans living with animals
- 18:15 - The joys of Russian propaganda
- 22:00 - The challenges of Kickstarter
- 32:00 - How do you keep an audience engaged?
- 35:45 - Guest dogs
- 39:50 - Platform selection and the uncertainties of Steam
- 46:45 – The state of pixel art
- 52:45 - Miguel’s Dork Shelf
- 55:45 – Outro – “Russian Subway Dogs Theme” by Coins